It’s easy to get overwhelmed right now by all of the scary news stories in the media. So I’d like to challenge you to a little game. See how long it takes you to find stories about the helpers in each of the following categories. Then post your time and the stories you found (with links) in the responses section. The person who finds stories in ALL categories (no duplicates) with the best time will get a shout out in my next story and a prize. (To show how long it takes, include the time you begin to hunt at the beginning of the post, then put the time you finish at the end of the post.)
- A company that is going above and beyond to support its employees.
- A person who is committing random acts of kindness.
- A health care professional who has gone beyond the call of duty.
- An “essential” worker who is under-recognized (janitor, delivery person, etc.)
- A company that is donating a very large amount of money to help the recently unemployed.
- A company that is making some of their services free for quarantine schoolers.
- A teacher who was suddenly thrown into online teaching, and is rocking it.
- A local performer (musician, band, comedian, etc.) that has an inspiring performance.
- A celebrity that is doing something positive/helpful that you wouldn’t expect.
- A funny, yet positive meme.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!